I had the idea last week in church to do an album highlighting my favorite sermons. I want to share them with you on Sundays to bless you and to record them in my blog for future reference!
Last week, one of our pastors, Wes Morgan, preached a fantastic message. The key points were based on Romans 8:29-39. I want to remember these things he said...
- God wants to prosper me
- He wants me to live life more abundantly
- God has a plan in all things. He had a plan for Jesus even before the world was created and He has a plan for me. (John 17:24)
- By God's own will, he made me, he wanted me (James 1)
- Just as Jesus was born into this world, the Word has to be born in our hearts.
Romans 8 is powerful. Here are my favorite verses...
- in all things God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to his purpose
- If God is for us, who can be against us?
- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
- in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord
What a blessing! If anything comes against me, as long as I am walking with the Lord, I can overcome it.
I am going to embrace Romans 8:29-39 during the new year. If you have time this week, read it. It rocks.