Today is my 36th birthday. I have had a good day. My house was in disaster mode since my trip. It always takes me a few days of rest before I can get anything accomplished. Today I did all the laundry and dishes. There was a lot of each, trust me. It's rare that I run two dishwasher loads in one day, but I did today. I feel better about life now that my house is close to being clean. Tomorrow I'll do floors and bathrooms and be back on track.
Tonight after church, my family came over. My Mom brought me a homemade chocolate cake and canned peaches. I don't know who started putting those two together but it's yummy! I loved it. I got:
- the first season of Andy G. on DVD
- all episodes (32) of Gidget (love it!)
- the best of Guy Penrod cd
- Alan Jackson Precious Memories (hymns) cd
- a great new book by Joyce Meyer
- $20 cash
- a slide viewer I asked for to look at my old slides before I scan them
- 2 Nancy Drew books to add to my collection
I love it all! It's all "entertainment" stuff that I wouldn't buy myself. I never spend money on myself unless it's scrapbook related. Now I'll have lots to watch and listen to while I scrap. Little things like that make me very happy. I want all my favorite old tv shows on DVD. Next I want The Monkeys and The Partridge Family. I'd love to have cd's by them too.
Hope you're having a nice day too. Stay cool!