- Last night when I posted a new Magic Memory Keepers, I almost uploaded a Scrap Gals episode by accident. Senior moment, which reminds me...
- My birthday is in five days and I will be 45 years old. That seems like a milestone. Like I should make it a banner year. I plan to anyway so that works out well.
- I've been on a roller coaster of emotions recently. My job is ending in 10 days and questions arise in my mind, "Am I doing the right thing leaving the security of my job?" My boss even asked me this week, "Are you sure you're doing the right thing?" I told her I was 99.9% sure but the thing is....I am sure. I need a change. I don't want to live life stuck in a rut. I am taking a big ole leap of faith and trying something new. But it's causing me to volley back and forth in my emotions because change is never easy. I believe once the job is complete and I've started my new chapter in life, I'll feel more peaceful. I am full of peace about it but there is always the fear of the unknown. It's so much easier to play it safe in life, isn't it? I'm having to operate at a new level of faith right now. Faith in myself and faith in God.
- My shop will be open Friday. I've pushed the date back repeatedly but this Friday is it. I decided to stop waiting until it will be perfect and just start with what I have. "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good" and "aim for progress, not perfection" are my mantras right now. One of my listeners shared that second quote with me last week. Seems I have gotten some type of reputation for being a little Type A. Not sure how that happened. ;)
- I am meeting the most lovely people lately. I love that although there are thousands of scrapbookers, the scrapbook community is a relatively small world. I have been connecting recently with people who amaze me with their creativity, thoughtfulness, skill and ability. I love to network with people who challenge me and remind me of where I want to be.
- I went to a card making day at a friend's house Sunday and today I put away all I had packed, which was a very small group of items. As I was putting it all away, I realized for the 100th time, I do not like to papercraft away from home. I need too many things in my studio. I think I will write a blog post about that soon. I need to analyze it a bit more in my mind first.
- I only got two out of three things done on my to-do list yesterday but I completely organized my entire studio and cleaned it to magazine worthy. (That's what I always say when I clean my house until it's spotless. I say, "I want this house to be magazine worthy!") I feel giddy when any part of my house is completely clean and organized. I wish I could say it all is right now but the upstairs is a hot mess. I've got to take time to tackle it this weekend, not on my birthday, of course, that would just be wrong. When my house is a mess, it clutters my mind. I cannot create with a cluttered mind, can you?
- I stopped by Hobby Lobby today and looked in the classroom for the first time. It is a blank space, y'all: five tables, 12 chairs and a floor. Ain't nothin' pretty about that place but it has incredible lighting and lots of table space and a white board. I need a white board for my beginner's class so that made me happy. I said to my daughter, "I can cute it up when I have a class." She said, "Are you allowed to do that?" I said, "Well, yeah!" I was impressed that it seats 20. I'm used to teaching in tiny spaces at scrapbook stores. The Michael's I taught at last year had a cute room but there was no air flowing to the room so I literally had students about to wilt from the heat. One poor lady who came to a crop dripped buckets of sweat the entire time. I felt so sorry for her! I am so happy I now have a fresh new space in a new building with that new fangled thang called air conditioning. :) I'm hosting a "Craft Day" in May so that anyone can come and scrapbook or art journal. My friend and I figured even if we were the only two there we'd make it fun. I plan to do art journaling because, as I've already told you, I don't scrap well outside of the four walls of my studio. Also, I want a day to just play and create and paint and do lettering.
There you have it...random ramblings. You'll never get that 5 minutes back. Please don't hold that against me. :)